Heitzig Consult quickcheck followed by benchmarking and developing a cost optimization strategy. In addition, elaboration of a new and up-to-date technical concept for a new UCC solution suitable for all locations in all 12 countries as well as a redesign oft he data networks (LAN/WAN).
Analysis, benchmark & cost optimization of provider services in telephone and data network.
for all Wolf Theiss locations in 12 CEE countries, focus on minimising ongoing costs
Industry: International law firm
Wolf Theiss is a law firm founded in 1957. They are market leaders in CEE and SEE and focus on international commercial law. They are based in Albania, Austria, Bosnia & Hercegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, and Ukraine. More than 300 legal experts are servicing national and international clients. The clients are based in industry, trade, professional services, banking, and insurance. Wolf Theiss develops comprehensive and constructive solutions wherever law and business overlap. They do have the necessary know-how in legal, fiscal, and entrepreneurial aspect.
- WAN/LAN, landline phone, mobile phone, ICT systems for 12 countries
- ICT quickcheck including estimation of savings potential
- Analysis of as-is state (both in technical and commercial aspects)
- Elaboration of an ICT strategy and conceptual project management
- Award procedure and direct negotiations with providers including reporting about effective savings
Wolf Theiss planned to outsource their inhouse data processing service centre. Simultaneously, a new UCC solution including a mobile integration should be realized and ICT costs should be reduced. They also intended to harmonise their provider contracts across geographies.
In all twelve countries and all locations, the cost drivers LAN/WAN as well as “mobile phone“ should be significantly reduced in cost, but not in availability and quality. The acquisition and implementation of a modern UCC solution including mobile integration and diverse other applications should also be executed.
Heitzig Consult was responsible for the elaboration of a highly complex technical target concept of the new UCC solution for Wolf Theiss. Heitzig Consult also had the lead in all negotiations with the potential providers. Market conditions differed country by country which made this project a challenging one for Heitzig Consult.
Method of resolution
- Implementation of a new UCC solution by Kapsch BusinessCom AG.
- Outsourcing the data processing services (Housing) to Telekom Austria.
- For mobile phone services, a new framework agreement with T-Mobile as well as local providers (multi-vendor) was set in place.
- LAN/WAN and landline phone services were prolongated with the current provider, but at significantly improved conditions