Analysis of usage figures, cost benchmarking, requirements analysis, preparation of a procurement strategy (single-vendor/multi-vendor), RFP implementation, consolidation of agreements on an international scale.
Analysis & Optimization of Network Service Costs.
At all Group sites in seven European countries in the fields of telephony (landlines & mobile communications), resulting in a drastic reduction of all costs!
Industry: manufacturing (mechanical engineering)
Georg Fischer's core business focuses on three sectors: piping systems, automotive and AgieCharmilles. This industrial corporation with its Swiss headquarters was founded in 1802 and runs about 130 companies in 30 countries. In 2009, its staff of 12,000 employees generated sales amounting to three billion Swiss francs.
- actual state survey of the usage figures of all regional companies
- analysis of savings potentials in carrier fees (landline telephony, mobile voice & mobile data communications)
- preparation of an optimized procurement strategy
- realization of a global tender / request for proposals (RFP)
- all negotiations with bidders & agreement design
- transparent, site-related representation of savings results
A steadily increasing pool of costs arising from both domestic and foreign voice and data cards (roaming) had emerged as a result of a mix of local provider contracts and/or basic agreements involving a multitude of varying terms and conditions.
The main goal was a significant reduction of running costs as well as the consolidation of providers for all sites and countries. Another one envisaged the implementation of rates designed to be as transparent as possible using flexible framework agreements.
In order to prepare a suitable procurement strategy, a detailed actual state survey was needed. Acquiring the necessary market knowledge for the GF core markets of Switzerland, German, Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France and Italy proved particularly challenging. Consolidating the numerous and highly specific requirements into the tender documents and comprehensively evaluating its results was a major achievement for the heitzig team.
- detailed actual state survey as well as acquisition of current data in all countries
- preparation, assessment and coordination of possible courses of action
- RFP implementation, negotiation and contract design